identifying value in your Digital Strategy
Your digital strategy should build on existing investment, as well as new technologies. Better use of existing ERP systems and specialist applications can:
- Improve productivity
- Reduce costs
- Enhance revenue
This creates a firm foundation for business survival and growth.
The focus must be your customers, present and future.
- How will technologies like Robotics Process Automation (RPA), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the Internet of Things (IOT) help you? Can you use them to deliver innovative products, services and customer experiences?
- Can you use rich data you are collecting to gain insights and create new opportunities?
- Are your data assets secure and trusted?
The answers will build your business case for digital change.
They offer competitive edge and market dominance. Applying technology with a laser-like focus on the customer is key. In an era of relentless change, it ensures:
- Survival and prosperity for your organisation
- Continued professional relevance for you and your people
SIMPLIFIED PATH AND ROADMAP
The technology ecosystem is ever more complex. Fundamental requirements include mobility, open platforms, interoperability and integration with existing architecture.
Many options exist to build on this base:
- Autonomous vehicles; robotics; AI; virtual reality and IoT are established in some niches. Now they are expanding into general use.
- Machine learning, deep learning, neural networks and cognitive computing are maturing. Organisations apply technology more smartly and with ever-growing impact.
Another generation of disruptors is waiting in the wings. 3D printing. Blockchain. Quantum computing.
The only certainties are more change and more complexity.
Small wonder that X-as-a-service models are appearing everywhere. Organisations are identifying their own strengths, then partnering to stay agile and responsive.
3Pillars.Digital monitors and participates in this changing landscape. We constantly review emerging product offerings. We identify cross-industry applications. We work with the public and private sectors to choose and implement the best options for them.
In all cases, we hold to the same mantra:
- Look beyond the hype
- Align the offering to organisational strategies
- Simplify options
- Keep it practical. And practicable.
A roadmap developed with 3Pillars.Digital has simple, logical, actionable steps. So you can move confidently from now to the future state.
GOVERNANCE AND RISK ASSESSMENT
Digital consumers have high expectations:
- ‘Always on’ availability
- Perfect reliability
- Security and privacy
Yet businesses are more dependent on external partners for digital solutions and services.
Less control. More risk. And more severe consequences.
Existing risk management frameworks may not be adequate. Only the best address all of:
- Robust internal governance
- Relationships with external partners, providers and suppliers
- Cyber security and data privacy
- National and international regulatory requirements
- Data encryption and international data transfer
Do you need a more robust risk framework? Tap into our international, cross-industry experience to build it faster and with more confidence.
ORGANISATIONAL READINESS ASSESSMENT
Your digital strategy is set, but are you ready to implement it? To achieve real value, you must understand the scope and scale of change required. That’s where digital readiness assessment comes in.
- How does the current organisation enable or impede planned solutions?
- What about service delivery models?
- How should the organisational be structured?
- Does the governance framework have gaps?
- Is the workforce armed with relevant skills and capabilities for the upcoming changes?
- How willing is the workforce to adopt and champion change?
Digital transformation will be more disruptive than any systems improvements of recent decades. Planning for change adoption is vital.
Current capabilities are unlikely to match the skillset required for a digital future.
The tools and processes in use have an impact. Ways of working will need to change.Workforce attributes and attitudes must also be considered.
Options vary depending on the level of digital maturity.
There will be different needs at various stages of digital adoption. 3Pillars.Digital will plan methodically for each phase, mapping out cross-skilling, re-skilling and development needs.
Technical readiness goes hand-in-hand with workforce development. We start from a review of current systems and technology. From here, we take a staged approach to develop a robust platform for digital success..
LEADERSHIP SUPPORT FOR DIGITAL CHANGE
Digital transformation is disruptive, fast-paced and relentless. Leaders must anticipate and respond to change in an uncertain world. They have to lead by example and inspire. Only so can they instil confidence and ensure change sticks.
True digital leaders are change managers on steroids!
- Board level advice and support for digital strategy and investment
- Advice and support for executive sponsors
- Leadership coaching and support throughout the transformation process
WORKFORCE DIGITAL READINESS ASSESSMENT
To be competitive in the future, organisations must become more agile, innovative and customer-focused.
Alignment and efficiency are key, for people as well as processes. Is your workforce ready and able to support digital change?
A readiness assessment will address key issues:
- How are business ecosystems affecting the capabilities required by your people?
- What impact will your own digital strategies and plans have?
- How are key tasks performed now? How will that change?
- What competences should people have to support your digital future?
- What internal and external talent pipelines exist?
- What digital recruitment strategies are appropriate?
We consider these points and more, then develop a plan to close the gaps.
The plan is phased to align with your overall transformation roadmap. Skills and resources are available as long as you need them. We coordinate activity across the organisation to ensure capability lifts in line with the roll-out of tools and processes. .